12.1.05

Hail to Murphy

I said, new year, a good oportunity to clean up my laptop. So I did, after two days of backups and hair lost for possible lost information I finally had my shiny lapop with a good partition scheme, all my music organized and more, Linux & Windows neatly installed, totally updated and organized, with all the applications and developing tools I need and the source code of my projects ready to rumble, and I did some coding.

Also, I started playing Halo and got little bit addicted to it (I'm on "vacation"), it looks great on my laptop and I did a good advance.

It was too good. Why didnt' I see it comming? Suddenly, from one day to another, the Hard Disk Drive simply stopped to work.

Yeah, after a lot of work I could finally backup some data, but anyway my laptop is unusable.

This is Great... just great! I have a curse on laptops, I swear. I'm so pissed off...

I guess I'll start to believe what my cousing Kluzter says... I was having a good time, hence something bad should come... and it did, not only with my laptop but with life in general. I still have faith that things will get better soon, but meanwhile I can't make much of an advance in my coding projects, sorry for the ones that are waiting for something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, that really is bad luck :-/

One of my friends has similar issues with mobile (cell) phones. He's killed around six, I think... Several for "no reason", one got washed, one had a bad flash upgrade, one he drove over...

He didn't have much luck with his cars, either...

It was a new laptop, so it's under warranty right?

-- mibus

Unknown said...

Fortunately, yes 8)

Now let's see what happens with this, maybe it will sudenly work again 8/